The Komatsu PW98MR-11 tight-tail excavator bridges the gap between compact and construction-sized machines and can work in a wide variety of construction, utility, and landscaping applications with improved efficiency.
The PW98MR-11 meets EU Stage V emissions regulations, with no need for a complex SCR aftertreatment (No AdBlue refilling). It delivers more new features and values requested by your customers: first-class operator comfort, smart safety initiatives, intuitive ergonomics, huge advances in performance and controllability, easy serviceability, all-new MR-11 cutting edge styling, peace of mind through a proven Komatsu aftertreatment system, and the highest levels of standard specifications.
“This perfect match between size and performance efficiency was a focus for Komatsu designers” says Alex Visentin, Product Manager for Compact Wheeled Excavators.
“The operator can concentrate on the work in front of the machine and worry less about rear swing impact in confined areas; this makes the machine exceptionally versatile, with the lowest running cost in its class, without the expenses of an SCR system.”
He concludes: “On the European market today, no other manufacturer can guarantee such a unique combination”.
The PW98MR-11 takes full advantage of Komatsu group synergy and know-how to offer high versatility, ease of buying, and peace of mind with the factory-fitted Lehnhoff Powertilt option.
Versatility and efficiency
Proportional joysticks offer job versatility while providing precise attachment control and standard high flow auxiliary hydraulics. Optional Komatsu integrated attachment control also grants versatility whenever the owner must manage a high variety of attachments.
The operational concept of this wheeled midi excavator puts full control of the machine at its fingertips. Travel direction, undercarriage attachments, and manual/automatic axle lock can be actuated by switches on the control joysticks or the dashboard. Without removing the hand from the right joystick, the operator can switch its function from boom operation to undercarriage control for complete and precise control over the parallel dozer blade.
Along with its class-leading compact size, the PW98MR-11 features an unrivalled lifting performance. The combination of power, convenient dimensions, and complete control make the PW98MR-11 a good choice for heavy-duty lifting applications or simple excavating tasks in narrow alleys, road construction sites, and for sewer construction work. Its swing boom design allows digging parallel to buildings or barriers, and the protected two-piece boom cylinder grants safer truck loading operation. When working on slippery and uneven surfaces the standard 100% differential lock on both axles will grant direct traction, for enhanced mobility on any jobsite.
With growing demand for environmental solutions, and urban areas becoming increasingly sensitive to emissions, the PW98MR-11 EU Stage V wheeled midi excavator provides your customers with the opportunity to participate in any tender, demonstrate environmental credentials, and future proof their investment.
Komatsu ICT contributes to the reduction of operating costs by assisting to comfortably and efficiently manage operations. It raises the level of customer satisfaction and the competitive edge of our products.
PW98MR-11 Key features
- Modern, distinctive, and desirable Komatsu MR-11 styling.
- EU Stage V compliant engine with DPF and no need for SCR. – compete in any tender, care for the environment, low running cost, peace of mind.
- Net power increase vs. PW98MR-10.
- Engine fan clutch system – low noise and fuel consumption reduction.
- Productivity: up 5% vs PW98MR-10. (Hoist / swing operations speed up).
- Fuel (l/hr) consumption: 10% lower than PW98MR-10.
- Attachment oil flow (l/min): +10% vs. PW98MR-10.
- New trailer hitch option: possibility to tow maximum 3.5 tonne trailer weight.
- LED work lamps as standard: see and be seen whatever the conditions.
- Attachment flow setting: easy, all through monitor
- Komatsu integrated attachment control: easy flow & pressure adjustment
- Swing Pedal function relocation: now on joystick for larger foot space => increased comfort for the operator.
- 100% differential lock: poor traction on muddy ground will not be an issue anymore.
- Easy radiator cleaning: thanks to the convenient, well placed dust net
- New large access doors: easy, fast, safe maintenance.
- Engine maintenance items: all on one side and accessible from ground level – easy, fast, safe.
- Transport height reduced 20mm vs. PW98MR-10.
- Automatic 2 way -> 1 way -> 2-way attachment switching : safe, fast & versatile.